Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Manila Regional Trial Court(RTC) Shooting

While I was thinking if I'll go to Manila Local Civil Registry today to make a follow up regarding my change of name on my birth certificate,a news was being flashed on my television screen,earlier this morning,there was a shooting incident right there at Manila RTC,former Misamis Occidental Mayor Reynaldo Yap has been killed and 2 others were wounded!Because of this,City Hall authorities ordered all employees and all those inside to leave the City Hall premises.City Mayor Alfredo Lim admitted that they need to buy metal detectors,the reason why anybody can bring deadly weapon including a gun and killed somebody without a sweat.But i wonder if this will work knowing how they inspect things,all they need is to be vigilant and strict policies.

Watch here:


For the latest Philippine news stories and videos, visit GMANews.TV

It was just one among many courtroom shootings that happened in the country. It's about time they have to tighten the security there where most criminal cases are being heard of.I for one noticed a lack of men in uniforms inside the court while my annulment case was still being heard at Manila RTC ,in fact,not even one was present :-(.It just showed how lax our government officials are,not forseeing these kind of incident,I just hope this will be the last one that a person got killed due to lack of securities and hope this will serve as a wake up call.

I texted a friend who works there if they were ok,i was told they were good but they were asked to go home.And because of what had just happened,the people who's making follow ups regarding their documents,peope who do business there,and the people with scheduled hearings today will go empty handed.Well,that's how it is folks.....sigh.....

No need for me to think twice if i'll go there or not,for sure i'll stay home...wink ~ _^

No comments: